In order for us to provide the quality service we wish to offer, both our card holders and the public, our use of low risk cookies is essential. Full details of what this means can be found below.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer, tablet or mobile hard drive. Most web browsers are set up to automatically accept cookies first party (usually low risk) cookies. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
MyLocality, will place a cookie onto your computer or mobile device to help us ensure that as a visitor, you get the best experience while using mylocality.me.
If the cookie file is accepted, the file is stored on the user's device and helps us analyse web traffic and allows certain web applications (eg: signing-in to the Ad Centre, Google Maps and YouTube videos) to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. The cookies we use will not track your use of other websites on the internet, often referred to as tracking cookies.
We use traffic log cookies (eg: Google Analytics) to identify which pages of mylocality.me are being used, when and how, in order to improve the service we offer both our visitors and crad holders. Overall, cookies help us provide our visitors with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages they find useful and offering our visitors vital marketing tools such as Google Maps, YouTube and Vine videos.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of this website.
• your name, postal address and email address
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. You will always be offered the option to opt-out of further marketing emails sent by MyLocality.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for our own market research purposes. We may contact you by email or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
• MyLocality (a trading name of All About Newport Ltd) will not sell, share, distribute or lease the personal data it collects during the registration process without the express permission of the card holder, or are required by law to do so.
• We reserve the right to use anonymous analytical data (eg: Google Analytics) for marketing and advertising purposes related to mylocality.me.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Yes. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to All About Newport Ltd, c/o MSA Ferndale, 1 Lower Bar, Newport, Shropshire TF10 7BE.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.